Financial planning is about helping to structure and manage your finances to achieve your objectives.
What is financial planning?
Financial planning is about helping to structure and manage your finances to achieve your objectives. This includes the efficient use of existing resources, ensuring tax efficiency, delivering the level of access and control you require and perhaps also considering how your accumulated wealth can be passed on to the next generation.
Ideally, planning should be undertaken in the context of your total finances i.e. holistically and this is the requirement for a great many of our clients. Understandably some clients wish us to advise them in more limited areas.
Regardless of the scope of our advice, our financial planning is all about you, your aspirations and your circumstances. In other words, it's highly personal and so is our service.
The Financial Planning Process involves developing strategies to help you manage your financial affairs so you can build & preserve wealth, achieve financial security and most importantly enjoy your life.
As part of our comprehensive service we will typically look at the following:
- Ensuring you have sufficient liquidity both now and in the future (cash management)
- Retirement Option Strategies
- Evaluate and measure the risks affecting your planning, consequences of disability, premature death or even longevity
- Tax optimisation and reducing your tax liabilities
- Estate Planning and minimising the impact of inheritance tax and ensuring your assets are distributed in accordance with your wishes
- Analysing, restructuring and simplifying investment portfolios
- Ensuring you are on track to achieve the life you ‘want' by analysing in detail where you are now with where you want to be
Inheritance Tax Planning is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
The tax treatment is dependent on individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future
Investments – The value of units can fall as well as rise, and you may not get back all of your original investment